Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner OR Nurse Practitioner w/Psych experience New
Full Time, Part Time
No recruiters please
MedOptions is growing. The nation's leading provider of behavioral health services to skilled nursing and assisted living facilities continues to expand and has local opportunities for nurse practitioners to join our team of 800 clinicians and support staff.
MedOptions partners with skilled nursing and assisted living facilities across the nation to provide expert behavioral health services, improving the overall mental health in elderly patients through the use of memory care evaluations, medication management, and behavioral interventions. Our clinicians are experienced in dementia care and Alzheimer's care, long term behavioral health care in elderly populations, and memory care services.
At MedOptions our Nurse Practitioners work within a multidisciplinary team of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and Licensed Clinical Social Workers and perform initial evaluations and medication management to a diverse population including the elderly living in skilled nursing or assisted living, adults who may be in a home for short term rehab and more acute patients.
Our nurse practitioners represent licensed and certified psychiatric, geriatric, and adult nurse practitioners who have a passion for the elderly. This position requires experience or an interest in psychiatric or dementia care.
Our mission at MedOptions is to be the nation's leading provider of quality behavioral health services to skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. We accomplish this by becoming the employer of choice for behavioral health professionals, by providing technology solutions to support access to care, and partnering with skilled nursing and assisted living facilities to constantly educate residents, care staff, and families on the treatment process. The result is improved quality of life and the best service available.
- Weekday schedule; no evenings, no weekends
- Highly competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefit package valued at approximately $25,000
- Ongoing education programs including online learning CEU programs and monthly teleconferences
- Referral bonus program
Under the supervision of the Regional Manager, participates in the planning and treatment of patients with behavioral health issues who reside in skilled nursing, assisted living facilities or similar settings.
- Provides clinical assessments; treatments; behavioral and medication management
- Works in collaboration with the behavioral health consultants as a member of the interdisciplinary team assigned to the facility
- As a resource to facility staff, provides consultation on nursing practice and psychopharmacology as appropriate.
- Participates in case reviews, consultations and utilization review
- Responds to urgent calls from the facility and facilitates problem solving
- Maintains accurate records on patients treated
- Maintains accurate daily records for billing purposes and submits in a timely manner as directed.
- Provides in-service education at the facilities as needed
- Participates in staff and facility medical staff meetings as needed
EDUCATION, LICENSING AND CREDENTIALING:
- Advanced practice nurse degree from an accredited university
- Holds a valid nurse practitioner license state practicing in accordance with the regulations of that state or in the process of obtaining it
- State controlled substance license or in the process of obtaining it
- DEA Certificate or in the process of obtaining it
- Holds a collaborative agreement or attestation with physician in accordance with the regulations of the state practicing in
- Must be able to meet the credentialing requirements of MedOptions and the facilities assigned to.
- Must be able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid and other payers as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Adult and psychiatric experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work on a computer including but not limited to: using the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and MedOptions' Electronic Health Record system
- Ability to navigate online to record time and attendance and employee service portal applications
- Ability to type on a keyboard, use mouse and/or stylus to do electronic health documentation records
- Provides quality, reliable and consistent behavioral health services to the patients of assigned facilities and communicates with the staff at the facility
- Follows schedule as created by Regional Manager or regional scheduling manager and presents at facility on scheduled dayust complete clinical documentation, daily activity sheets and time and attendance entries in a timely manner as directed
- Commits to full day of service at assigned facility for hours hired to work
- Sees an average of 15 patients per day
- Will travel to a different facility every day or more than one facility on a given day
- Must have a valid driver's license and own transportation to meet the needs of the position.
- Ability to walk/stand most of the day
- Must transport and set up laptop for daily work
- Due to the vital nature of care to our patients, employees are asked to attempt to report to work as scheduled while maintaining their own personal safety during inclement weather