Greetings from the President of the NPADC
Dear NPADC members,
I am honored for the opportunity to serve as the President of our organization this year. It is a privilege to practice in one of the most powerful cities in the world, and there are a lot of exciting things happening in our profession. But, we must remain vigilant, and heed the words of one of my personal heroes, Shirley Chisholm, ...” You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas.” The NPADC is here for you and wants to hear your ideas! We will continue to stimulate professional growth and promote the highest standards of care for all of the residents in the District of Columbia. Please get involved and let us know how the NPADC may serve you, and ultimately our patients.
Our first meeting of the year will be held on Thursday, September 12, 2019, beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Maggiano’s Little Italy in Friendship Heights. We are excited to have Dermot Maher, MD, help kick off the year by addressing an important topic: Strategies for the Management of Low Back Pain in the Era of the Opioid Epidemic.
Please save the date and join us as we discuss approaches to apply opioid stewardship in a challenging time for pain management.
Also, save the following dates for subsequent meetings that you will not want to miss:
- Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Thursday, May 14, 2020
Lastly, I want to be certain you are aware of the current NPADC Executive Board Members:
- President: Nancy Uhland
- President-elect: Barbara Dominguez
- Immediate past president: Cameron Hogg
- Recording Secretary: Aima Payton
- Web Secretary: June Alsgaard
- Corresponding Secretary: Nancy Gentry
- Treasurer: Linda Duquette-Petersen
- Student Representatives: Cynthia Awadzi, Eve Chibor & Kimberly Madison
- Legislative Coordinator: Laura Worby
- AANP D.C. Representative: Cathy Hampton
We are here for you and look forward to working alongside all of you this year!