AANP Awards for Excellence - Nominate a DC colleague!
Nominations are now open for the prestigious 2016 AANP State Awards for Excellence.
The Call for Nominations is posted on AANP's website.
Who is eligible to receive these awards?
The NP State Award for Excellence is given annually to an NP who has demonstrated excellence in NP clinical practice.
The Advocate State Award for Excellence is given annually to an individual who has made a significant contribution toward increasing awareness and acceptance of NPs. Examples of past recipients of this award have been physicians, legislators, educators, etc. NPs are also eligible for the advocate award for non-clinical practice initiatives related to leadership, policy, politics, research, education, or community affairs.
Neither the nominator nor nominee needs to be an AANP member. Current AANP state representatives and board members are not eligible to receive a State Award for Excellence during their term of office.
What do the recipients receive?
- All recipients receive a waiver of their registration fee for the 2016 AANP National Conference
- Current AANP member recipients receive a one-year extension of their membership beginning at the current renewal date
- Non-AANP members who are recipients of state awards are given a one-year complimentary membership
- States should recognize their award recipients throughout the year with individual awards or honors given at the discretion of the state representative
- Recipients will be recognized during the 2016 AANP National Conference in June
Consider nominating a colleague! It's a great way to recognize and bring visibility to NPs and NP advocates who make a difference!